Liebenzell Castle was built in the early years of the 12th century by the Counts of Eberstein. One of the most important castles in the part of the Black Forest belonging to Württemberg, it is held to be a prime example of a curtain-wall fortress. It was first officially documented in the year 1196. The castle fell into disrepair with the exception of its defiant tower and the curtain wall (courtine), which today are town landmarks.
It owes its reconstruction in the early 1950s to Gustav-Adolf Gedat. It was he who founded the "Internationale Forum Burg Liebenzell" and created an international meeting centre in the castle, which is now a conference venue for political youth and adult education in Baden-Württemberg.
Burg Liebenzell 1
75378 Bad Liebenzell