Visible from afar, Lorch Monastery stands on a hill overlooking the Rems Valley. It was founded in the year 1102 by the Staufen dynasty as a burial site. The attractive complex, with its church, cloister, outbuildings and monastery garden enclosed by a still intact curtain wall, is open to the public. In the 19th century Lorch was rediscovered as a medieval monument: for many writers and artists, travellers and health tourists, the monastery became a memorial to the Staufen dynasty which still today has lost none of its fascination.
Phone: +49 (0)7172 928 497