Municipal Gallery Bietigheim-Bissingen
Located in the heart of Bietigheim's historical town centre, the Municipal Gallery extends over two buildings: the older part was converted in 1989 from a large, ancient barn by the Bietigheim architect Gert Bechtle to meet the requirements of a modern exhibition site. From here visitors enter the extension, a strictly functional addition which opened in the year 2000 and was designed by Gert Bechtle under the aegis of Prof. Hans Kammerer.
The total exhibition area now comprises nearly 1000 m². Whereas the large temporary exhibitions are staged in the extension, the Gallery uses its space in the historical building in particular for the display of its own traditional collections, with the focus on linocuts/relief prints and regional art in smaller exhibitions.