The town and administration of Besigheim did not come into the possession of the dukes of Württemberg until 1595; prior to this, the area had for nearly five centuries belonged to the margraves of Baden, who built Besigheim Castle in the first third of the 13th century. Its Schochenturm (Schoch Tower) and stone keep have survived up to the present day. Of the Untere Burg only the Waldhorn Tower is still standing.
Phone: +49 (0)7143 807 80
Fax: +49 (0)7143 807 82 89